If you have a website then you want people to find it. In addition to SEO, web design, email marketing and other traditional digital marketing practices, here are some strategies that are sometimes overlooked, but are still a good source of increasing traffic to your website.
The best way to boost traffic is to create content. You can create new content on your site with what you already have by acting on a number of techniques that may have been forgotten yet are still very effective.
1. Upgrade Content – Find a favorite blog post from your site and upgrade it. If you have been writing a blog for a while, you should have plenty of content to sort through. It is likely that some of these blog posts are out of date, maybe with an old logo of your business or a link that doesn’t work. You can sort through the blog posts to adjust and improve anything which needs a little tweak.
2. Transfer Content – Another option with an older blog post is to transfer the content into another format, like a video, podcast or e-book. Doing this allows a different audience to see the content, which appears to be new content for these new viewers.
3. LinkedIn – This is a great choice for sharing content and can be an extremely effective way to drive traffic to your site other than Facebook.
4. Join a Forum – One forgotten but great tactic for driving traffic to your site is to join a forum. Especially if you have an expertise and can answer questions. You can also post some of your content on these forums and this will drive people back to your site.
5. High Influencers – Attract influencers with your content. Write posts and create graphics that appeal directly to a specific group of people with a high influence. If they see your content and share it, then it opens up a whole new audience.
6. Tweet Links – Make it easy for visitors to share your content by using “Click To Tweet” Links. ClickToTweet.Com offers a way to share, promote and analyze your content on Twitter and even better, it’s free!Social Media – One of the top ways to increase traffic to your website is to use social media outlets. Choose the top 4 that apply to your business and share your content across all channels in all different formats.
7. Social Media – One of the top ways to increase traffic to your website is to use social media outlets. Choose the top 4 that apply to your business and share your content across all channels in all different formats.
8. Mobile Outreach – In today’s world a business site needs to be easily accessible by your mobile device because Google calculates the mobile version of your site. Therefore, it is important to make sure your site is always mobile friendly.
9. Link Internally – It is important when generating content to link it back internally to your own site. Not only does it help with SEO, but it creates a beneficial experience for the user and your business. Read Link Building Strategies You Need to Know – See what we did there?
10. List Posts – A popular type of blog to post is that with a list, a List Post. Evidence in analytics shows these types of posts definitely drive traffic to your site. They are an easy read and provide valuable information. You’re reading a List Post right now.
We believe if you begin to implement some of the practices above it will freshen up and recharge your website and with these practices your traffic should increase along with your business.