Let’s take a look at email lists for a second. You know your business requires one. The data is there. And you are willing to spend the money. Is that enough? Are you surprised at how many email lists fail to provide enough content, or do people unsubscribe?
Email lists that can be purchased are a great thing for many. Who wouldn’t want to have an easy and efficient way to get more people to their site? But is email marketing for purchase the best way to grow your business?
What is a Purchased Email List?
Email lists that can be purchased are viral and many people use them as a low-cost, effective way to market their businesses. A purchased email list’s value will depend on how often you use it and how well it serves your needs.
Email marketing lists are not priced in a standard way. The value you get is what it costs. Many people will use the number of subscribers to decide if the cost is worthwhile.
But, the number of accounts you have should not dictate how many emails lists you purchase. Instead, your needs should guide your decision.
If you have a mailing list that you use primarily for email newsletters but want to add some accounts that are only interested in your products, then this is an example of why you should purchase a mailing list.
These lists are affordable if you only require a few accounts. However, if you need hundreds of accounts, you’ll be paying a lot more for the same list.
It is not easy to buy an email list. If you own a website or a business, you will need to learn how to purchase an email list.
7 Reasons You Should Never Purchase An Email List
Here are 7 reasons you shouldn’t buy an email list.
1. It’s Unethical – Buying email lists is not only illegal but also a waste. Your audience is an asset that can be used to grow your list organically.
You’re asking for trouble if you buy an email mailing list. It’s better to create a program and give away a list than to buy one. It is not the same thing. The best way to build your mailing list is free.
The same process can be used to build your audience and get them to sign up for a newsletter.
2. It’s a waste of your time – Buying an email address is similar to buying stock in hot start-ups that generate so much buzz.
Everything is going great in the beginning. You’re getting lots of subscribers and people asking you to invest.
Then, eventually, things start to go south and you stop getting paid back. Email lists are also subject to this fate. An email list purchased for purchase is a bad investment as it will eventually be obsolete.
3. The List Owner Doesn’t Keep Their Words-Buying email lists is a huge scam. It’s nearly impossible to determine what you are getting when lists are sold and bought all the time.
A sample of the list is essential before you buy it. This can be very expensive. The owner may not fulfill their promises, meaning they might not send any leads to you or share their profits.
4. It’s Illegal – There are many misleading claims about how to build an email list. It is illegal to buy an email list. This is a fact that is contrary to the law in many countries. It is strictly illegal to buy an email list.
5. A Bogus List Could Be Yours
To ensure you have a valid list and do not lose money, you can build your list with social media.
6. An email list can make you lose trustworthiness. It is like buying an asset.
It is important to ensure that you get the best value from it. Don’t trust anyone else.
7. Emails can be expensive to purchase and maintain. This is true, especially for business owners who buy large lists.
Many email list brokers offer huge discounts for email lists purchased. However, you could be paying too much for something that is not useful to your company. These seven reasons may make you reconsider buying an email list.
What Can You Do Instead of Buying Email Lists?
You’re now ready to start building your email list. You are hesitant to do this.
Perhaps it’s fear of negative responses or the time required to build a list that is profitable for your business. There are many reasons to build an email list.
1. Start your blog – If you are just starting your blog, it is a good idea to build a following.
There are many ways to ensure your blog is seen by many people, even if it’s been around for some time. High-quality content that your fans love will increase your visibility and help you build your audience.
It can be useful to check out what companies are doing in your industry and create similar content for your blog. Commenting on other blogs is a great way to do this.
2. Free content can be shared on social media. A common misconception is that businesses should build a large email database to increase their business.
This is false, however, as emails can be expensive and time-consuming to transmit, especially to older customers.
It is possible to create content on social media and distribute it free of charge. This can make it an easier alternative to building your email database. People love free content. Giving your customers gifts is one of the best marketing strategies.
This is a far more effective way to market than advertising because customers want to do business and want to be liked by you. Most people will accept the offer of free stuff from you as a gift.
3. Reddit – Advertise online on Reddit This is the best place to reach certain people. You won’t find a better place to meet like-minded people. Although it may seem slow at the beginning, you will get used to it. It is worth it.
4. Promote on Facebook pages and groups. Many people are concerned about current laws and how it affects them. These laws can be avoided by not buying email lists.
Promoting your content on Facebook pages and groups is a better way to avoid trouble than sending the same message to everyone who has subscribed.
Target a niche audience. Start your marketing plan by choosing a topic you are passionate about that people will respond to. This will prevent you from sending generic email messages.
5. Your website can be turned into an online course. While there are many options for marketing online, purchasing email lists is not the best option. It can be costly and could end up costing your business.
You might consider making your website an online course to help customers learn how to use your product and get started in marketing if you are looking for ways to keep your customers informed.
6. Podcast marketing and creation – There is a lot of information on the Internet. The best way to get your message across is through podcasting.
It allows you to reach a large audience and is relatively affordable to make one. You can be on iTunes in minutes with a little effort.
7. You can start a YouTube channel. Buying email lists from companies offering this service often means that you won’t have the option of choosing which list you receive. Start a YouTube channel by exploring different topics and asking questions.
This will allow you to identify the most popular topics and offer relevant content.