These are the top TikTok creators’ strategies for building your audience.
Table Of Contents
- TikTok – How to make money
- Understanding your audience on TikTok
- How do you “sell” without annoying your audience
- Get involved in our creator economy
- TikTok FAQ
TikTok – How to Make Money
- TikTok Creators Fund
- Offer merchandise to your fans
- Receive virtual gifts by going live
- Partnership with influencers and brands in TikTok’s creator marketplace
- Use the TikTok ads manager to create infeed ads
- Crowdfunding using donations from fans
- Get tips from your audience
- Make a Patreon account to offer subscriptions to your fans
Knowing your target audience makes it easier to determine how to monetize.
Let’s take a look at the most popular TikTok ways to make money.
1. Sign up for the TikTok Creator Fund
As we mentioned, users with large followings might be interested to make money through the TikTok Creator Fund.
The Creator Fund revenue can vary depending on which user it is. It is calculated using factors like the size of your audience, and how active your interactions with users are.
To be eligible for TikTok Creator Fond, you must meet the following criteria
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A base must be established in the USA, UK, or France.
- A minimum of 10,000 Followers is Required
- Your videos must have received at least 100,000 views in the last 30 days.
- Your account should comply with the TikTok community guidelines and terms of service
The Creator Fund is a great option if you have a large following. It can be private, and not all payments will be guaranteed.
You have many options to make money when you start your business.
2. Sell merchandise to your fans
You can easily monetize any type of content by selling your products
There are many printing on-demand companies that sell a wide range of merchandise.
Print-on-demand products are a great way to connect with your followers. Your brand can reach new audiences wherever your followers wear your gear.
Get inspired: Unexpected
Unexpected is a clothing brand for high-school seniors. They were able to make their clothing in the basements of their parents and sell it on TikTok.
Unexpected virtual presents that can be used to pay
These tips will make TikTok as fun as possible.
- Select the best time. Check your profile settings to see which times are most active for your audience.
- Make your stream live longer. More people will be able to log in and view your broadcast.
- Live streaming allows you to share your stream. TikTok allows viewers to view your video and give a link to your live stream. This allows you to grow your audience.
- TikTok #. You can use hashtags to increase the reach of your videos.
- Test your internet connection.
- Be secure. TikTok lets you block users, filter comments, and mute them. Harassment and bullying should not be tolerated.
This is a great way for fans to connect with creators in real-time. They are more likely to be a part of their success. Going live can help increase your other monetization streams.
Founded in New York by Eli and Spencer Zied, Habits 365 is a clothing company based in New York.
Habits 365’s success is due to the willingness of its founders get to know their customers personally. They often make use of TikTok’s live feature, and post brief videos of their brand work late into the night.
4. Partnering with influencers or other brands in TikTok’s creator marketplace
One of the most lucrative ways for creators to make a living is through TikTok’s creator market. The creator market connects brands and influencers and facilitates partnerships that can be quick and easy for both parties.
A marketplace allows brands quick access to content from creators who want to partner with them.
The creator marketplace acts as an agency for influential people. This allows both sides to express their willingness to work together, easing some of the awkwardness marketers might feel when approaching influencers via other platforms.
5. TikTok ads manager allows you to create in-feed ads
TikTok has many organic marketing options. If you’re willing to spend a bit to increase your content’s reach, you might consider using TikTok’s advertisements manager to create in-feed ads.
TikTok ads will be displayed in the “For You” feeds of users. They auto-play like other TikTok videos.
6. Crowdfunding projects with donations from fans
Crowdfunding is a great way for creators of content to make money.
Crowdfunding can take many forms, depending on what type of funding you need. You can organize your followers to host live fundraising events.
These crowdfunding websites can be used to help you fund your project.
- It is the largest asset and most used crowdfunding platform.
- Fundable. Fundable allows startups the opportunity to offer equity as a return for funding. Fundable is a great tool for investors who are looking for new ventures.
- Crowdcube gives companies that raise funds the exclusive benefit of partner organizations through the Crowdcube Funded Club.
- Crowdfunding allows companies to raise capital from accredited investors. You can connect to more than 12,000 venture capitalists and angel investors.
- SeedInvest. SeedInvest lets people who don’t qualify as investors make investments through their websites. SeedInvest investors are not considered supporters, but backers. In exchange for funds, equity is given.
7. Ask your audience for “tips”
Crowdfunding platforms might not be the best choice if you don’t have a project or aren’t willing to give equity to investors. Typing platforms allow you to quickly accept donations.
Tipping platforms are a personal way to manage your finances. They can also donate any amount at any given time.
Do you find this appealing? These are some of the best tipping websites you should check out:
- Tippee does NOT offer subscriptions. Tippee does not offer subscriptions.
- Buy Me a Coffee was created for creators, not businesses.
8. Create a Patreon account to offer subscriptions to your fans
Crowdfunding can be great for large projects and tipping is a fast way to raise funds. If you are looking for a steady income, you might consider Patreon or another creator-based subscription platform.
Subscription-based income models can be a great option for content creators as they allow you to keep individual subscription prices low and focus on growing your subscribers.
A low-cost monthly subscription for one dollar is a great way of selling your product to one person.
Patreon is the first platform that allows creators and influencers to generate revenue by offering paid memberships. Patreon lets you create membership tiers that will allow you to give exclusive content only to your most loyal fans
While there are many options (most notably Kofi, which has a tipping function), Patreon is a great alternative. It also offers brand recognition which increases trust among potential fans.
These are some tips to help decide if a subscription is the best way for you to monetize your TikTok accounts.
- Transparency is key to building trust with Patreon. You must be transparent about what you’re spending your money on and how it’s being spent.
- Give your supporters prizes. Your most loyal supporters can be rewarded with special content or merchandise.
- Thank your supporters for their support and they will be more inclined toward your work. Comment on comments and tag users.
- Promote your Patreon Page. People won’t be able to donate to you if you don’t have a Patreon account.
- Lower subscription costs. 50 people can get $1, but only one person can get $50. Focus on growing your subscriber base.
- Create new content consistently. Paying audiences have higher expectations. Keep a content plan and regularly create new content
Which TikTok user is the most successful?
Forbes published its inaugural list of TikTok’s highest-paid stars last summer:
- Addison Rae Easterling $5 Million (84.3M Followers)
- Charli d’Amelio – $4 Million, (124.3M Followers)
- Dixie D’Amelio, $2.9 million, (55M followers)
- Loren Gray, $2.6 million, (54M followers)
- Josh Richards, $1.5 million, (25.5M followers)
- Michael Le – $1.2 Million, (50.1M Followers)
- Spenser, $1.2 Million, (54.7M Followers)
In just 12 months, these users made more than a million dollars. How did they manage to do this? Let’s find out.
Do you get paid to upload videos on TikTok?
TikTok does not pay creators to upload and create videos. Payment is determined by factors like the number of videos viewed and the engagement level of the users who interact with the post.
In some cases, brands may pay an influencer to create videos. TikTok’s highest-paid users are often monetized via multiple income streams.
Multiple income streams can offer greater security. Your audience is the most important thing when making money on TikTok.
To make TikTok money, first, understand your audience
TikTok’s audience tends to be younger. 62.5% of its users are under 30 and 32.5% are below 20. This could change quickly.
Fortune magazine has recently conducted surveys that show that a rising number of millennials are joining it. When social networks first appear, teens are the most likely to use them. If you can get an advantage over the rest by catering to TikTok’s older users then that can be huge.
TikTok content isn’t always the most popular. There are some common traits that TikTok content has that users will be more comfortable with.
- Authenticity. Although the talents of TikTokers are diverse, including comedians, dancers, and philosophers, one thing unites them all: their willingness to be authentic.
- Audience engagement. TikTok offers many ways to interact with your audience.
- Consistent posting. This will keep you and your followers at the forefront of their minds, increase your content’s value to TikTok’s algorithm, and make it viral.
TikTok does not have a universal approach. You will be able to find the most profitable ways to monetize your audience if you have a good understanding of your audience.
How to “sell” your audience without annoying them
Don’t overload your social media pages with promotional material. Although your followers know you must continue to create content they love, nobody wants to feel like your account is always advertising.
TikTok allows you to build personal connections with your audience.
Users appreciate good content. You might consider adopting a content-first strategy. Instead of creating content around your sales pitch and then building the content, do it first. This will help you find the best way to monetize your account.
Partly Sunny Projects is an online distributor of California greenery. Sonja Detrinidad founded the company to relieve her stress as a mortgage professional.
After quitting her job, she began to look at how to drive traffic into her store. Be authentic, engage with your followers, go live often, be authentic, and share “duets” with well-known users. Our guide to TikTok Marketing provides more information about how to grow your audience.