An often overlooked way to attract new customers to your business is to use Google My Business. These listings show up every time a customer in your area googles for a product that you sell. Yet, many businesses overlook the importance of claiming their free listing. If you want to get ahead of your competition, then make sure to claim yours.
Claim Your Google My Business Listing
The first step is to claim Your Google My Business listing.
- Enter business name-The process begins by merely adding your business name.
- Enter business address- You will then need to enter your business address. If you do not have a retail store, then you will be given the option of hiding your location after entering your address.
- Enter delivery details-You will then need to state whether you deliver products by naming areas for delivery or choosing your delivery radius in miles.
- Enter Your Type of Business- Choose from the list offered the type of business that you operate. Remember that you can only choose one category at this point.
- Enter Contact Information-Tell customers how to contact you. If you do not have a website, then you will be given the option to create a free one at this point. You also have the option to add an appointment URL if applicable.
- Get Verified-The next step is to get verified by having Google send you a postcard in the mail, Your postcard should arrive within five days.
Add Details to Your Google My Business Account
Next, you have now created your Google My Business account, you will want to add details to your account.
Add Your Hours
Tell your customers what hours you will be open for business.
The next step is to add a description of your business. You are limited to 750 characters, so make sure that you make them count by using as many keywords as possible.
Add Products and Services
You can offer products and services directly from your Google My Business account. List as many products or services that you want and list their prices. You can even divide them into shopping categories to make it easier for your customers.
There are several things that you can do now that you have created your Google My Business account. You may have to wait until your postcard with its verification code arrives via snail mail to be able to accomplish some of these things.
Create Your Website
Google My Business comes with a free website. You can design it how you want it to look. You can add images, more information and contact information. You can even use search-engine optimization to rank your website.
Use Google Posts
You can add Google Posts to your Google My Business listing. This allows you to advertise straight from Google My Business and Google Maps. When you add a post it will remain visible or seven days. Events, however, will remain viewable until the event is over. You can even use your favorite keywords in these posts. You can use video for these posts, and you can choose to show up to three posts at the same time.
Questions and Answers
Some users of Google My Business have access to a question and answer section about their business. In order to use this feature, you must sign into your Google Map account on an Android phone. Then, you can answer questions asked by potential customers right from the app.
Using Google My Business is a great way to promote your business. Start today by letting us help you create your account.